At Maria Montessori School, we see the transition from our environment to high school as a crucial step in the development of our students. We believe our middle school curriculum meets or surpasses those of local private and public schools while embracing the Montessori methodology.
- Students in the Middle School are exposed to practices and methods that will prepare them for the more traditional educational models they will encounter as high school students.
- Our students go on to study at a variety of public and private high schools in the Memphis area. And colleges attended by MMS alumni range from The University of Memphis and Rhodes College to Georgetown University and Millsaps College.
- According to a recent survey of MMS graduates, 100 percent of students surveyed were involved in at least one extracurricular activity by their sophomore year. The average high school GPA of students surveyed was 3.5 and the average ACT score was 26.
But to really understand the effect of an MMS education, you have to ask a graduate. Below is a sampling of answers to the survey question, “Is there anything MMS gave you that you couldn’t have gotten at another school?”
- “Respect for myself and others”
- “Our teachers were with us 24/7”
- “Hands-on experience”
- “Learning and practicing manners”
- “Small classes”
- “MMS gave me the chance to develop as a person.”
- “I learned self-discipline”
- “Opinions and views from all different races”