At MMS, we are proud of our reputation as the finest Montessori program in the Mid-South. Our staff and student body are relatively small and the resulting community is closely knit and unique. The process of admission to the school includes a specific set of steps that ensure that parents know as much about the school and the Montessori method as possible and that faculty and staff know as much about each child as possible.
The Maria Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic or national origin in its admission practices or in any activities or school programs.
1. Parents must schedule an observation without their child. Call the school office at 527-3444 to schedule an appointment.
2. Submit a completed and signed application form with a $50 non-refundable application fee. Download and print Application for Enrollment (PDF).
3. Parents must attend a New Parent Informational Meeting held monthly by the school directress. Please call the office 527-3444 for scheduled dates.
4. For children younger than 2 1/2, an interview will be scheduled with the Toddler Community Directress. For primary and elementary age children, a 20-30 minute interview will be scheduled with your child and a Montessori Primary Directress or Elementary Guide.
Download Admissions Policies and Tuition Guide (PDF).
Children from 18 months to 2 1/2 years are eligible for enrollment in the Toddler Community Program. Children between the ages of 2 1/2 and 6 are eligible for enrollment in the Primary program. All children between the ages of 6 and 12 are eligible for enrollment in the elementary programs.* All children between the ages of 12 and 14 are eligible for enrollment in the middle school program. Previous Montessori experience, readiness, and ages and sex of the child as they relate to class balance will be considered as a basis for acceptance.
* Children older than 9 years of age cannot be considered for enrollment in the Elementary environment unless transferring from an AMI Montessori school.
Applicable fees for children admitted from non-AMI Montessori schools
A $300 transition fee is due upon acceptance for students 5 - 6 years old without prior AMI Montessori Education experience.
A $500 transition fee is due upon acceptance for students 7 - 9 years old without continuous AMI Montessori Education experience.
A $1000 transition fee is due upon acceptance for students 9-12 years old without continuous AMI Montessori Education experience.
A $1300 transition fee is due upon acceptance for students 12-14 years old without continuous AMI Montessori Education experience.