At MMS, we are proud of our reputation as the finest Montessori program in the Mid-South.
Our staff and student body are relatively small and the resulting community is closely knit and unique. The process of admission to the school includes a specific set of steps that ensure that parents know as much about the school and the Montessori method as possible and that faculty and staff know as much about each child as possible.
- Application for Enrollment (PDF)
- Admissions Policies and Tuition Guide (PDF)
- 2017-2018 Academic Calendar (PDF)
The Maria Montessori School does not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, ethnic or national origin in its admission practices or in any activities or school programs.
- Parents must schedule an observation without their child. Call the school office at 527-3444 to schedule an appointment.
- Submit a completed and signed application form with a $100 non-refundable application fee to place your child on the wait
- For children younger than 2 1/2, an interview will be scheduled with the Toddler Community Directress. For primary and elementary age children, a 20-30 minute interview will be scheduled with your child and a Montessori Primary Directress or Elementary Guide.
- Children from 18 months to 2 1/2 years are eligible for enrollment in the Toddler Community program.
- Children between the ages of 2 1/2 and 6 are eligible for enrollment in the Primary program.
- All children between the ages of 6 and 12 are eligible for enrollment in the Elementary program.*
- All children between the ages of 12 and 14 are eligible for enrollment in the Middle School program.
- Previous Montessori experience, readiness, and ages and sex of the child as they relate to class balance will be considered as a basis for acceptance.
*Children older than 9 years of age will be considered for enrollment on an individual basis.