Maria Montessori School COVID protocol
Last updated April 26, 2022
Beginning March 28, 2022, MMS will implement changes to its COVID protocol. These requirements could change at any time due to the flux of COVID diagnoses in Shelby County.
- Travel forms are no longer required, except in the case of international travel. If a student or faculty member chooses to travel internationally, they may return to campus immediately but will be tested on day three, four and five before entering the classroom.
- Environments are no longer in separate bubbles. This means students are allowed to visit and receive lessons in other classrooms. If someone tests positive for COVID after an environment is mixed, we will notify everyone who was possibly exposed indoors.
- The daily COVID symptoms checklist on SchoolCues is no longer required to complete each morning. If your child is experiencing symptoms of any kind, please email your child’s teacher and the school nurse to inform them. They will assist you in making the best decision on whether your child should stay home or come to campus.
- MMS’ campus is now open to visitors and guests! This means parents and prospective families may observe environments. While indoors, visitors are required to wear a mask and comply with social distancing as much as possible. Please watch for details to come from the office and your individual environments.
- At this time, mask wearing is mandatory indoors but is optional outdoors. If someone is/was exposed to COVID, that student or faculty member must keep a mask on for seven days post-exposure. Each environment will develop its own system for taking masks off and putting them on. This change is optional, so if you choose to have your child wear a mask outdoors, please let their teacher know so they can assist.