20th Annual Maria Montessori Regatta
Join us on April 22nd
The Regatta is back. Each Spring we celebrate our school and our community with the Maria Montessori School Regatta. The Regatta is our Spring fundraiser which helps provide scholarships and extra funding for our small non-profit school. As you can imagine this fundraising is more important than ever to help families afford this incredible education and to maintain a clean and safe environment for our children and staff.
Introducing the Recycled Regatta
1. Each contestant can enter one boat
2. The boat must be smaller than 8 inches long and 3 ½ inches wide (or it will get stuck in
the track). The mast must be less than 7 inches tall. Any rudders or underwater
features must be less than 1.5 inches long because the water is not very deep.
3. Contestants will be given 30 minutes to create, decorate, and name their boats.
Testing the boat is allowed during this time.
4. The boats will be made of recycled materials such as water bottles, cups, juice boxes,
milk cartons, etc. Supplies will be provided. You may bring your own recycled
materials if you prefer.
5. The boat should be made primarily by the contestant, but help from an adult or older
child is permitted.
6. The boats will be moved along the track by blowing through a straw.
7. Hands may not be used on the boat unless it falls over and needs to be righted
9:30 Kids Fun Run (Music to Ben’s Park and Back)
10:00 Canoe/Kayak Race in the Harbor
10:00 Children’s games open and food
1:30 Let the Recycled Regatta Building Begin
2:00 Recycled Regatta Race
River Series Music to Follow. (separate fees)
WAYS TO WIN!!!!
Sponsor A Rubber Duck
MUST BE PRESENT TO WIN
This race happens in the middle of the Wacky Boat Races. We take about 500 ducks, throw them from a balcony and “race” them across the pond.
The first duck to win will get $100 for its sponsor.
Win A Ducky Day Package @ The Peabody Memphis
DO NOT NEED TO BE PRESENT TO WIN
Includes one night’s accommodations, plus:
- Honorary Duckmaster – help the Duckmaster march the Peabody Ducks to/from the Lobby Fountain at 11 a.m. OR 5 p.m.
- Official brass-head Duckmaster Cane**
- Peabody Duckmaster Celebriduck™ collectible rubber duck toy
- Reserved table at your scheduled Duck March
- Peabody Duck Cookies from The Peabody Deli & Desserts
- Internet access
- Self parking in Peabody Parking Garage
This package must be reserved a minimum of 3 days prior to arrival and Honorary Duckmaster time/date must be reserved upon making reservation. Honorary Duckmaster only available with overnight package.
**Additional Duckmaster canes may be purchased for $50 each.